[Libs-Or] Copyright question -- recordings of people reading aloud

Emily-Jane Dawson ejd at multcolib.org
Tue Nov 19 16:06:01 PST 2013

Might I respectfully interject with the disclaimer I always offer patrons
when discussing legal subjects?  We are librarians, not attorneys, and
although we are excellent at finding legal information, we are not
qualified to offer specific legal advice or to interpret the law.  If you
need legal advice, you should contact an attorney.

I'm sure everyone reading this already knows how important it is to be
clear about our limitations when answering legal questions -- but it seems
like good practice to do it even when amongst ourselves.

collegially,

Emily-Jane Dawson | *reference librarian*
Multnomah County Library
  sun-thurs: Central Library <http://www.multcolib.org/agcy/cen.html> |
503.988.5728
*  follow us: *facebook <http://facebook.com/multcolib> |
twitter<http://twitter.com/multcolib>
 | youtube <http://www.youtube.com/multcolib> |
google+<https://plus.google.com/114351630923667056185/posts>
 | instagram <http://instagram.com/multnomahcountylibrary#> |
flickr<http://www.flickr.com/photos/multnomahcountylibrary>
 | pinterest <http://www.pinterest.com/multcolib/> |
tumblr<http://multcolib.tumblr.com/>

"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are
well written, or badly written. That is all."
   – Oscar Wilde, author's preface, *The Picture of Dorian Gray*