[Libs-Or] How to circulate book with loose inserts? (S. by JJ Abrams)

Wende Glimpse wglimpse at jcls.org
Tue Apr 29 17:33:04 PDT 2014

 This was a huge challenge to Technical Services and did seem like some kind
of evil joke to trap libraries.  Where can we order the library edition with
each item tipped into place?  Ha! Ha!  We numbered each loose item and put
the corresponding number on the page where the item had been found and put
all the items into a large pocket at the back of the book.  We scanned the
"S" cover and created a jacket for the book, covering the "library" labels
and "incorrect" cover and discarded the box.  We also told the selector that
she may not ever order anything like that again :o)  Technical Services
rules!

Wende Glimpse
Branch Services Manager
Jackson County Library Services
541.774.6443

“The most important asset of any library goes home at night - the library
staff.”
― Timothy Healy

"This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This message contains LSSI Company information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited."