[Libs-Or] How to circulate book with loose inserts? (S. by JJ Abrams)

Ross Betzer rossbk at multcolib.org
Wed Apr 30 10:34:45 PDT 2014

As a reader of S.<https://multcolib.org/blog/20140423/what-were-reading-now>
(it's
a fantastic book, by the way!), I can say that it's not necessary to freak
out about the inserts too much. They are fun, and add to the illusion of
the book being a unique, found object, but the main appeal of the book is
in the dual narratives going on: the plot of the novel and the dialogue by
two readers in the margins of it. Even if all the inserts were lost
completely, it would still be a great read. I'm sure that your patrons will
appreciate the chance to read it! Thanks to all of you who found ways to
get it into your collections.

-Ross

* Ross Betzer | Information Services LibrarianMultnomah County
LibraryPhone: 503.988.5728 rossbk at multcolib.org <rossbk at multcolib.org>*