[Libs-Or] Cooling shelter?

BJ Toewe bjtoewe at cityofsalem.net
Tue Apr 28 16:50:39 PDT 2015

Salem Public Library, along with our Senior Center, has been a cooling shelter but only during regular business hours.  We didn't have to do anything special from the Library's end of things.  It was promoted via our city information outlets by the city's PR staffer.

BJ

>>> Buzzy Nielsen <buzzy at hoodriverlibrary.org> 4/28/2015 4:42 PM >>>
> Have any of you ever acted as an official cooling center in your communities? Hood River has a warming shelter, but it doesn't have a cooling shelter in the summers despite the rather hot days. We're perhaps interested in trying it out. If you've been a cooling shelter, what did it entail and did you partner with any other local organizations? Is there anything you'd suggest?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!
Buzzy
--