[Libs-Or] Fwd: [Progressivelibrariansguild] Project "Among shelves" - Librarianship for librarians

Max Macias max.macias at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 08:31:41 PDT 2016

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Edgardo Civallero via Progressivelibrariansguild <
progressivelibrariansguild at lists.sonic.net>
Date: Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 4:42 AM
Subject: [Progressivelibrariansguild] Project "Among shelves" -
Librarianship for librarians
To: "progressivelibrariansguild at lists.sonic.net" <
progressivelibrariansguild at lists.sonic.net>

Dear colleagues,

The journal "Information for Social Change", on its last issue (
http://libr.org/isc/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ISC36.pdf), includes an
article on my project "Among shelves", which I just put in motion. It is an
initiative aimed at providing LIS training to those colleagues who, for
whatever reason, have not had access to it.

The project aims to create digital books and manuals, for free distribution
and download and easily printable, which compile and synthesize the latest
information on the most basic LIS topics: from the design and creation of a
library from scratch to bookbinding and repair of documents, and from
cataloging and classification and project drafting to the organization of
reading programs or library management in indigenous communities. It seeks
to respond to the needs of a large number of library workers (school,
rural, popular, community, mobile librarians) that do not have the
opportunity of professional training but would like to expand their
knowledge and to build a solid foundation for their skills.

At this time, contacts are being established with international
institutions and programs that would like to support the initiative, while
materials are being prepared. As a side project, I've established several
lines of research in order to evaluate the project. The products will be
disseminated through social networks and other professional means, while
the preliminary research results will be presented at the next IFLA Meeting
in 2017 (Wroclaw, Poland).

More information in the following blog, in Spanish with a section in
English and another in French.
http://entrelosestantes.blogspot.com.es/
http://entrelosestantes.blogspot.com.es/2016/06/in-english.html
http://entrelosestantes.blogspot.com.es/2016/06/en-francais.html

As usual, diffusion will be more than welcome. Spread the word!
Kindest regards,

Edgardo Civallero
Bibliotecólogo y documentalista

edgardocivallero at gmail.com
http://biblio-tecario.blogspot.com
http://www.aacademica.com/edgardo.civallero
http://www.facebook.com/edgardo.civallero
http://es.linkedin.com/in/edcivallero

The ideas expressed in these emails in no way represent any organization's
viewpoints, or opinions.  The opinions, ideas and reflections are my own
personal intellectual property.

http://lowriderlibrarian.blogspot.com/

Twitter feed:
<http://twitter.com/REFORMAnet>