[Libs-Or] Eyebrow Pop-Up #1 State Librarians Cornelia Marvin and Oregon in WWI

Tony tony_greiner at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 28 16:47:01 PDT 2017

I read an article in the Summer 2017 Oregon Historical Quarterly "The War to End War  One Hundred Years Later" by Kimberly Jensen of Western Oregon University and Christopher Nichols of Oregon State University.  I came across this sentence that made my eyebrows pop up:

"After the Nov 11, 1918 Armistice that concuded the conflict, Oregon State Librarian COrnelia Marvin accepted the monumental task of serving as the historian of Oregon's First World War experiences, working for the state's Council of National Defense...Marvin gathered some 36,000 personal histories of home and warfront service..

The footnote goes onto say that Marvin's correspondence  and the Oregon State Council of Defense records are stored at the State Archives.  The archivists there have put together an onlien exhibit drawing on tehse records:

"Oregon at War!"  http://sos.oregon.gov/archives/exhibits/ww1/Pages/default.aspx

[http://sos.oregon.gov/archives/exhibits/ww1/PublishingImages/madbrute.jpg]<http://sos.oregon.gov/archives/exhibits/ww1/Pages/default.aspx>

Oregon Secretary of State: World War I Exhibit Home<http://sos.oregon.gov/archives/exhibits/ww1/Pages/default.aspx>
sos.oregon.gov
The official website of the Oregon Secretary of State

I sure hope this wasn't announced earlier and I slept through it.

Tony

<http://sos.oregon.gov/archives/exhibits/ww1/Pages/default.aspx>

Primo and Alma: Making WorldCat Local Look Good
**tony_greiner at hotmail.com**