[Libs-Or] Job Announcement: Health Sciences Librarian at Pacific University
Gilman, Isaac P.
gilmani at pacificu.edu
Thu May 25 09:46:52 PDT 2017
**Apologies for cross-posting**
Health Sciences Librarian at Pacific University Libraries
The job posting is not yet online, but all information and application instructions are below. Please feel free to contact me at gilmani at pacificu.edu<mailto:gilmani at pacificu.edu> with questions about the position.
Pacific University Libraries seeks a creative librarian who is flexible, collaborative, and able to deliver responsive and innovative information services in the health sciences. This position serves as the University Libraries' liaison to the College of Health Professions, College of Optometry, and School of Communication Sciences and Disorders in the College of Education. Responsibilities include collaborating with health sciences faculty to teach information literacy, to develop evidence-based practice curriculum, and to contribute to life-long learning skills development through a competency-based curriculum. This position is also responsible for ongoing development of the library collections that directly support these programs. In addition, this position participates in reference and information services in the Libraries. The Health Sciences Librarian reports to the University Librarian, is a member of the Library Faculty, and works as a team member with both library faculty and staff in a rapidly changing, technology-rich environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop, deliver, and assess instruction for students and faculty in liaison areas related to information literacy, health literacy, and evidence-based practice.
2. In collaboration with Collection Management Services, develop, evaluate, and maintain the Library's collections (both print & electronic) in the health sciences using evidence-based collection strategies.
3. Develop and maintain LibGuides and other online self-directed learning materials for departments and programs in the health sciences.
4. Provide consultations for faculty, students, clinicians, and researchers in order to facilitate research and academic success; provide orientations for new students and faculty.
5. Coordinate and work with faculty library liaisons in assigned departments/schools to inform collection and curriculum development.
6. Promote, and collaborate in the provision of, outreach services to affiliated and non-affiliated healthcare practitioners as part of the Universities responsibilities as a NN/LM Resource Library.
7. Serve as Project Manager for the Libraries' NIH/NLM subaward, "Knowledge is Health: Interprofessional Partnerships to Promote Health Literacy" (project period: 2016-2021); duties including supervising and collaborating with the Interprofessional Education Outreach Coordinator.
8. Engage in scholarly activity that informs, and contributes to, the work of this position and the University Libraries as a whole.
9. Hire, train, and supervise student employees.
10. Serve as a member of the Library Faculty.
11. Collaborate on the development and revision of University Libraries policies, including, but not limited to, collection development policies.
12. Participate in University-wide committees/activities/service.
13. Participate in professional organizations and activities relevant to health sciences librarianship.
14. As relevant, actively contribute to the Orbis Cascade Alliance as a representative of the University Libraries.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program.
* Demonstrated experience in health sciences reference services, library instruction, and collection development, preferably in an academic library.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS:
* Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of information resources (across disciplines and formats) in the field of health sciences.
* Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging trends in health sciences librarianship.
* Demonstrated ability to evaluate and select information resources in relation to curricular and collection needs across the health sciences.
* Demonstrated ability to teach effectively in, one-on-one, group, and online settings.
* Aptitude for learning new technology and information tools in a rapidly changing environment.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that display consideration for diverse background and communication styles.
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
* Demonstrates critical thinking skills in problem solving and decision-making.
* Demonstrates ability to work collegially with others in a collaborative environment.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
* Undergraduate or additional advanced degree in the sciences/health sciences.
* Knowledge of, or experience with, evidence-based practice instruction.
* Experience with community outreach related to health literacy or public health.
* Experience with application process and project management for externally funded projects.
Academic library environment, working in public areas and in a normal office environment. Primarily sedentary work that requires sitting and using a computer. This job is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions. Faculty, exempt, non tenure-track, full-time, year-round (11 month contract).
Feeling; Fingering; Grasping; Hearing; Lifting; Pulling; Pushing; Reaching; Repetitive motion; Standing; Stooping; Talking; Walking.
Sedentary work. Light work. Visual acuity.
APPLICATION: Please email cover letter, resume and names and phone numbers of three professional references to employment at pacificu.edu<mailto:employment at pacificu.edu>. Please name your documents as shown in the following example: (Example: Adams_Amy letter, Adams_Amy resume, Adams_Amy references). You may also mail your application materials to Human Resources/Pacific University, 2043 College Way, Forest Grove, OR 97116.
Application materials will be screened and interview candidates will be selected and notified. The hiring process normally consists of several interviews and can last several weeks depending on the position. Employment is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and successful completion of a background check.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by June 23. Position is open until filled.
Isaac Gilman, MLIS | University Librarian & Library Director | Associate Professor
Pacific University Libraries | 2043 College Way | Forest Grove, OR 97116
p: 503.352.1401 | f: 503.352.1416 | gilmani at pacificu.edu<https://webmail.pacificu.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=NSnD8hwKB0yoMzLetCpPi-CYO6zggNEIL1rO3HVlWH-Z8HCIiEPHnAdYiSN5MSYdVH3shxZMT0o.&URL=mailto%3agilmani%40pacificu.edu>
I am proud to be part of a community inspiring students to think, care, create, and pursue justice in our world.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or