[Libs-Or] Job Posting: Assistant Manager, Access Services (Portland, OR)
smdoig at pdx.edu
Tue Nov 14 12:48:13 PST 2017
Assistant Manager, Access Services
Portland State University Library, Portland, OR
November 13, 2017, open until finalists identified
Located in Portland, Oregon, one of the nation's most livable cities,
Portland State has an innovative approach to education that combines
academic rigor in the classroom with field-based experiences through
internships and classroom projects with community partners. The
University's 49-acre downtown campus exhibits Portland State's commitment
to sustainability with green buildings, while many of the 124 bachelor's,
master's and doctoral degrees incorporate sustainability into the
curriculum. PSU's motto, "Let Knowledge Serve the City," inspires the
teaching and research of an accomplished faculty whose work and students
span the globe.
The Assistant Manager, Access Services supports the Manager of Access
Services by supervising student assistants and providing coordination for
the department; supporting the mission of Access Services by covering
service desks, ensuring staff and students provide excellent customer
service, coordinating functions within Resource Sharing, and engaging in
continuous process improvement by collecting statistics, following
copyright policies, and creating and analyzing best practices. The
Assistant Manager, Access Services is an unclassified, unrepresented,
unranked position reporting to the Access Services Manager at the Portland
State University Library.
- Coordinates functions within Resource Sharing
- Coordinates the daily operations and workflow of the Circulation and
- Supervises and Trains Access Services student assistants
- Supports Access Services Manager
- Collaborates with Library Technologies to regularly assess
technology-based workflows in the unit
*Essential Key Cultural Competencies*
- Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates
- Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the
context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and
- Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in
diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting with a willingness to change
for continual improvement.
- Adheres to all of PSU’s policies including the policies on Prohibited
Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years of current (within 5 years)
experience in a Library.
- Advanced proficiency in multiple library specific computer
applications, e.g., integrated library systems, database applications,
institutional repository; content management systems.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work positively in a fast-paced changing environment while
collaborating with diverse colleagues, faculty, students, and the community
*Preferred Qualifications *
- Familiarity with reference database searching
- Effective collaboration skills
- Interlibrary loan experience
The annual salary rate for this position starts at $45,000 with an
excellent benefits package including 95% premium paid healthcare; a
generous retirement and vacation package; and reduced tuition rates for
employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities.
To apply, please create an account and apply through the Portland State
University career portal: https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/25030
Posting will remain open until finalists are identified.
For those requiring a reasonable accommodation to apply: In compliance with
the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a
disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for
a position with Portland State University, please call 503-725-4926 or
email askhrc at pdx.edu
*Portland State University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity
institution and welcomes applications from diverse candidates and
candidates who support diversity.*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or