[Libs-Or] OLA Quarterly Author Showcase: Kaye Silver, BPA Library

Charles Wood wuchakewu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 18:07:29 PDT 2018

Kaye Silver has been the supervisory librarian for the Bonneville Power
Administration Library for ten years. Please download and read her latest
article, “Continuously Adapting: The Bonneville Power Administration
Library,” here: https://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/vol24/iss1/6/

>From Kaye’s article: “The Library still focuses on supporting the technical
reference and research needs of the BPA workforce, but with so much history
behind us, our scope has expanded to include 500,000 BPA photographs, 8,000
BPA-published documents, and about ten films. Now, apart from the BPA
workforce, we also assist researchers, scholars, and members of the public
who are curious about the role BPA played in the development of the Pacific
Northwest.”

If you think that Oregon librarians should have a keen understanding of our
state’s history, then Kaye’s article is a must-read.  Kaye is the keeper of
the history of the Bonneville and Grand Coulee Dams that Woody Guthrie sang
these words about,

“Roll on, Columbia, roll on.

Your power is turning our darkness to dawn,

So roll on, Columbia, roll on.”

Kaye’s library is a resource you can direct your patrons to who are
researching the past, present, and future of this enormous human endeavor,
and the people it supports.

Thank you,

Charles Wood

OLA Communications