[Libs-Or] Fwd: [alacoun] Join ALA’s Public Policy and Advocacy team for a FREE one-hour webinar

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 16:41:01 PST 2018

This may be of interest to some of you.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mario Ascencio <Mario.Ascencio at artcenter.edu>
Date: Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 3:43 PM
Subject: [alacoun] Join ALA’s Public Policy and Advocacy team for a FREE
one-hour webinar
To: ALA Council <alacoun at lists.ala.org>
CC: Emily Wagner <Ewagner at alawash.org>

Dear ALA Council,

Please join ALA’s Public Policy and Advocacy team for a FREE one-hour
webinar:

*December 11 — Preparing for the 116th Congress* *: 2:00:00 PM CST -
3:00:00 PM CST*

The 116th Congress is on the horizon and ALA is planning for the year to
come. With such a large number of new members of Congress, it is a critical
time for your Senators and Representatives to hear from library leaders
about continuing federal funding for libraries of all types. Join ALA’s
Advocacy and Public Policy team for an overview of our upcoming
appropriations campaign, a discussion about advancing our priorities
through in-district engagement, and a preview of the fresh resources that
will be available in the new year.

Register here:
https://ala.adobeconnect.com/e1brxcggj5nj/event/registration.html.

-Mario, COL Chair

*Mario A. Ascencio *(*he / him / his*)

College Librarian and Managing Director

College Library, ArtCenter College of Design

1700 Lida Street, Pasadena, CA 91103
<https://maps.google.com/?q=1700+Lida+Street,+Pasadena,+CA+91103&entry=gmail&source=g>

*mario.ascencio at artcenter.edu <mario.ascencio at artcenter.edu>*

http://lib.artcenter.edu

--
*Diedre Conkling*
*diedre08 at gmail.com* <diedre08 at gmail.com>

“If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change
your attitude.”―Maya Angelou