[Libs-Or] OLA Quarterly | The Future Organization of Things | Guest Editor Ray Zill, OSU | Second Notice

Charles Wood wuchakewu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 13:16:57 PDT 2019

A brand new issue of the OLA Quarterly is now available!
This is a second notice to help find readers for the authors who worked
hard to share their knowledge and experience with us.
Please find individual links to these articles by your colleagues below.

The Guest Editor is Ray Zill of OSU and the theme is The Future
Organization of Things. Please download and read the full issue here:
https://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/vol25/iss1/

Please don't forget to read Ray's introductory article here:
>From the Guest Editor, By Ray Zill.
https://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/vol25/iss1/3/

The Future of Cataloging (for the Rest of Us): Forecasting for
Production-Level Cataloging, by Lori Van Deman.
https://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/vol25/iss1/4/

Beyond the Subject: Non-Topical Facets for Exploration and Discovery, by
Kelley McGrath.
https://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/vol25/iss1/5/

Leveraging Cataloging and Collection Development Expertise to Improve OER
Discovery
By Clare Sobotka, Holly Wheeler, and Heather White.
https://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/vol25/iss1/6/

>From Selection to Shelf: A Process Improvement Experience, by Lorie Vik.
https://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/vol25/iss1/7/

Out With the Old, in With the … ArchivesSpace, by Laura Buchholz.
https://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/vol25/iss1/8/

It’s Automatic: Library Automation as a Catalyst For Transformation, by
Michelle Lenox.
https://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/vol25/iss1/9/

Know How to Play the Accordion, but Don’t (and Other Things I Learned While
Implementing a Discovery Layer: A Top Ten List)
By Amy Mihelich. https://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/vol25/iss1/10/

Three Tips for Creating Local Technical Services Trainings, by Stephanie
Milbrodt.
https://commons.pacificu.edu/olaq/vol25/iss1/11/

Abstract by Ray Zill: Oregon librarians are on track with current
developments in technical services, but that is no simple task. This issue
of OLAQ is dedicated to cataloging, metadata, archival description, and all
the various ways we organize our collections. Authors reveal their thoughts
on the practical implications of future cataloging methods, faceted
vocabulary, and new tools. They share tales of migration and automation,
implementing new discovery layers, optimizing access to open educational
resources, providing affordable training, and more. In this incredibly
instant culture, our work is crucial in providing efficient access to
information resources. Come explore the important, yet oftentimes
invisible, work of organizing things. What does the future hold?

Fortify your knowledge of libraries with the experience and wisdom of your
colleagues!
Contact the authors with questions! Use these new ideas to serve your
communities!
See if someone you know wrote an article!

Thank you,

Charles Wood
OLA Communications