[Libs-Or] Helping patrons without internet access (or the million dollar question)

Lee Van Duzer Lee_Van_Duzer at co.washington.or.us
Fri Apr 10 10:42:48 PDT 2020

Thank you to everyone who responded!

This patron did not have any mobile device or computer when I followed-up.

In this case we decided to mail the documents, the number of pages was not unreasonable. We’ve decided to try allowing patrons one “reasonable” mail request per week, at no charge. We’ll see how that goes - we had our second mail request today from another patron.

It’s good to know that for some patrons we may be able to suggest other options like local libraries or schools for outside WiFi, faxes if accessible, or in some cases FedEx stores might still have computers accessible.

~Lee

Lee Van Duzer (Mr.), Law Librarian
Washington County Law Library
111 NE Lincoln St., MS 45