[Libs-Or] Post Regarding Volunteer Service at the Library

Rachel Humpert rhumpert at lincolncity.org
Sun Apr 19 11:08:03 PDT 2020

Hello!

My name is Rachel Humpert and I'm the volunteer coordinator at Driftwood Public Library in Lincoln City. We've started drafting a recovery plan, and I was wondering what other libraries are thinking about doing to reintroduce volunteers to their libraries. Did you keep volunteers during your closure? If not, how do you intend to reintroduce volunteers to the library?

This is my current plan, which is dependent on our current draft plan to slowly restore traditional library services to our community:

Stage 3b: Invite limited numbers of volunteers to assist with restoring library services.

*         Invite send list volunteers, shelvers, little library volunteers, and limited numbers of volunteer processors/coverers. Keep the number of volunteers in the work room to 2.

*         Encourage any volunteer who feels uncomfortable entering the library to continue to stay home.

*         Continue to maintain social distancing standards as directed by state and local governments and health organizations.

*         Provide gloves and masks to volunteer.

*         Make sure to sanitize volunteer work spaces after each shift.

Stage 5b: Resume regular volunteer service

*         Encourage any volunteer who feels uncomfortable entering the library to continue to stay home.

*         Continue to maintain social distancing standards as directed by state and local governments and health organizations.

*         Provide gloves and masks to volunteer.

*         Make sure to sanitize volunteer work spaces after each shift.

Thank you!

[LC-CircularLogo-Color-email]

Rachel J. Humpert
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
__

City of Lincoln City  |  Driftwood Public Library
801 SW Hwy 101  |  PO Box 50  |  Lincoln City, OR
P: 541.996.1260  |  E: rhumpert at lincolncity.org<mailto:rhumpert at lincolncity.org>
W: Driftwoodlib.org  |  W: LincolnCity.org