[Libs-Or] Fwd: [alacro-l] ALA Executive Board stands with BCALA in condemning violence and racism towards Black people and all People of Color

OLA President olapresident at olaweb.org
Mon Jun 1 13:50:30 PDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I want to acknowledge the current state of national unrest and share this
statement from ALA, which is endorsed by OLA and condemns violence and
racism towards Black people and all People of Color. I also want to direct
you to the recent OLA Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Task Force
recommendations <https://www.olaweb.org/edi-taskforce-2019-20> for our
association, which were presented to the OLA Board in April and distributed
to unit heads for discussion within OLA units.  I want to personally thank
each member of the EDI Task Force for their work on these recommendations,
and especially Marci Ramiro Jenkins and Martin Blasco for their leadership
of this important and necessary initiative.

These recommendations will guide the future direction of OLA as we work to
create a more equitable and inclusive professional association and local
communities through our shared work in Oregon libraries.  OLA recognizes
much work needs to be done to become an anti-racist organizaiton, and
welcomes the involvement of every individual as we move forward.

Thank you,
Elaine Hirsch
OLA President, 2019-2020