[Libs-Or] Sound Issues with GotoWebinar

Taylor Worley taylorlgkw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 13:23:32 PDT 2020

Hi all,

We are using GotoWebinar for virtual programs this summer, and we're
consistently running into  sound issues with loud or high-pitched noises
(for example, musical instruments during storytime). We think that the
software is recognizing these sounds as "unwanted noise" or outside of some
preset range. When a noise like this occurs, it's cancelling that
presenter's sound all together until the sound comes back within a
lower/acceptable range or volume. If the offending sound is borderline,
then the presenter's sound is more garbled but not cancelled entirely. The
more we see this the more we think it is based on the pitch/frequency, and
not the volume. Has anyone run into this or know of a fix/workaround? We
have a help ticket in with the company, but haven't had any luck.

Thanks,

*Taylor Worley                                                 *Youth
Services Librarian
Springfield Public Library
225 5th Street
Springfield, OR 97422
541.726.2243 (direct)
taylorlgkw at gmail.com
tworley at springfield-or.gov
*"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and
stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -A. A. Milne*