[Libs-Or] Coronavirus Policy

julie at chetcolibrary.org julie at chetcolibrary.org
Sun Mar 8 14:29:28 PDT 2020

At Friday's PLD Director's Meeting in Newport, a few people requested that I
send out the Coronavirus Policy I mentioned I've been working on.

A few caveats-this is a draft that no one else has laid eyes on, including
my board. I'm not even sure my board will want me to be this specific, but I
thought I'd work on it just in case. I may decide to generalize it and
remove references to this specific virus. I may also completely change the
level definitions, our responses to each level, or how we pay days off. this
is really just my early working draft. I do like the "levels" approach,
though. I know it will make sense to my staff who like having as much
clarity and structure as possible. If you notice problems, feel free to
point them out to me; I'm still working on it so it's likely to change
anyway.

I am curious about your plans to pay staff if they are quarantined or if
your library closes. Regular pay? That seems the most logical to me, but
then it seems a bit odd to cover the time for someone quarantined but then
use sick leave for someone who actually gets sick.  Care to share your
thoughts?

Julie Retherford, Director

Chetco Community Public Library

405 Alder St., Brookings, OR 97415