[Libs-Or] Providing computer support during COVID

DAVID Emily edavid at springfield-or.gov
Sat Oct 31 08:41:33 PDT 2020

Hi Jim,

We too are allowing 45 min sessions with the typical COVID protocols that others have mentioned. A couple of things we purchased that we have found helpful:

  *   the "shower cap"? type covers for the keyboards. They are universal and work well because all of our public computer keyboards are not the same. We wipe them down and then quarantine them after use for three days. We have three boxes labeled Mon/TH, Tu/Fri, Wed/ Sat (we are closed on Sun)
  *   We point retractable pointers that staff can use to point things out on the screen or keyboard. They are about 4ft I think. These have been helpful. If someone does need to get closer to the screen, we ask the patron to step back behind the chair so staff can get a closer look.

Good Luck!

Emily David  (she/her/hers)
Library and Museum Director
Springfield Public Library