[Libs-Or] safety protocols

Holly Freewynn hollyf at multco.us
Mon Nov 8 09:21:01 PST 2021

Hi Jenny,
Multnomah County Libraries have a couple of trainings for staff to handle
patrons in crisis.  We have a Person in Charge training for frontline
reference workers.  We also started doing a de escalation training through
the Crisis Prevention Institute.  The offer train-the-trainer sessions so
those trainers can then train their own staff.  We have 4 staff trainers
now.
More information at their site.
https://www.crisisprevention.com/

--
*HOLLY FREEWYNN, MLS*
*INTERIM MANAGER*

“Let us be enraged about injustice, but let us not be destroyed by it.”
<https://www.inspiringquotes.us/quotes/dKnx_x5gQrToc>  -- Bayard Rustin
<https://www.inspiringquotes.us/author/7283-bayard-rustin>

Multnomah County includes the ancestral lands of many Native American
Tribes

who made their homes along the Columbia and Willamette Rivers.