[OLA-IF-News] definition of chilling effect?

Cindy Gibbon cindyg at multcolib.org
Mon Aug 6 11:37:41 PDT 2018

Steve, I believe "chilling effect" is a fairly well-established legal
concept.  Here is a citation I found from JSTOR:The Chilling Effect in
Constitutional Law
Columbia Law Review
Vol. 69, No. 5 (May, 1969), pp. 808-842
https://www.jstor.org/stable/1121147?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

That came from just a quick google search--the trick is to look for the
info in the legal literature.

*Cindy*

*Cindy Gibbon*
*Director of Policy and Special Projects*
My schedule: Monday through Friday
Multnomah County Library
503.988.5496
multcolib.org