[OYAN] the perks of OYAN membership and the graphic rave

OYAN CHAIR oyan at olaweb.org
Sat Aug 10 16:36:27 PDT 2024

Hi everyone,
We wanted to reach out and encourage folks to consider joining OYAN if you
aren't a member or have let your membership lapse. One of the perks of OYAN
membership is being able to vote on our Book Rave and Graphic Rave lists
every year.

We are entering the final stretch for graphic rave voting and we NEED
everyone's input.  We have ten titles with enough votes to be on the list,
but we need to revote on the final 15 titles.  They are listed below and we
encourage you all to start reading as many of them as possible so we can
have an informed and useful list of around 19 or 20 titles this year.

You can expect to see the ballot go out to OYAN members around August 20th
and it will close around September 16th so we can make the final list ready
before the OASL conference in October.

We need more manga titles and superhero titles in particular, so please
read as many of these titles as you can in the coming weeks.

The titles being considered:

Manga
Frieren Beyond Journeys End V. 11
Cat on a Heroes Lap V. 1
Skip and Loafer v. 7
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou: Deluxe Edition 3

Superhero
Superman: Supercorp by Williamson (also a local author)
Wayne Family Adventures v. 1 by Payne
Poison Ivy by Wilson

Others:
Eerie Tales for the School of Screams by Annable
Homebody by Parrish
Billie Blaster by Laini Taylor and Jim DiBartolo (NW author)
Happy Shop by Olsen  (NW)
Clementine 2 by Tillie Walden
Bunt by Ukazu
Dangers and other Unknowns
Call Me Iggy by Jorge Aguirre and Rafael Rosado

This is a great time to renew that lapse membership so you can vote on
these titles in the coming weeks.  We need your input.

Thanks and happy reading!

Mark and Ian

--
Mark Richardson