[OYAN] Helping with OYAN raffle donations and day of shenanigans at OLA

MCMAHAN Caitlin A CMcMahan at eugene-or.gov
Fri Feb 9 15:08:18 PST 2024

Hey y'all!

For those of you who have expressed interest in assisting with the raffle this year, thank you so much!

As promised (though a bit late) here are the documents that you will want to look at for assisting with OYAN's Raffle this year. The fist links all have to do with soliciting donations. The second section for links is if you are interested in helping to table at OLA this year as we are getting people to purchase raffle tickets.

Soliciting Donations
-Raffle Spreadsheet 2024<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GRPWymHMEBNA_SX-1fS439nRqdRb8ZnR_brTeJXGfz0/edit?usp=sharing>

  *   If you are the person contacting the business/organization, please put your name down as the "OYAN Contact Person" (column D)
  *   All physical prizes are to be sent to the following address:
     *   Eugene Public Library
Attn: Caitlin McMahan
100 W. 10th Ave.
Eugene, OR 97401
  *   All digital gift cards can be sent to the following email address:
     *   oyanpastchair at olaweb.org<mailto:oyanpastchair at olaweb.org>
  *   Please update the excel document accordingly. Highlight rows in green if you have been given a "Yes". Highlight rows in red if you have received a "No". This will help us track things!
  *   Last note is that, per Oregon gambling laws, we need to have all of our prizes in hand at the time of the raffle, which correlates with the dates of OLA this year. If we can receive everything two weeks before OLA that would be ideal.
-OYAN Raffle Donation Request Letter Template<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TOM1_1nmjivI21NM7eWkjlynCYq1O7Ya/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=112362531524944508342&rtpof=true&sd=true>

  *   Please make a COPY of this letter and update the highlighted section to match your needs. You can also copy and paste the text into organization donation request text boxes. This template also include OYAN's federal tax ID#.

Tabling at OLA
-Tabling schedule<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QFTZMu25OmSpvkR9WEhmE7eFKRwpgA3R49AtxFWvF24/edit?usp=sharing>

  *   Please put sign up for a time slot that works best with your OLA needs. Even one hour would be hugely helpful! Please be aware that this will involve handling money to some extent and it will be a job where you have to talk to people, so assess your bandwidth!

Thank you all so much for any help you can provide! This is our biggest fundraising event of the year and the money goes towards really good causes, including our scholarships!!! Let me know if any of the links aren't working for you and again, you are all so appreciated.

Best,
Caitlin McMahan (she/her)
Teen Librarian | Eugene Public Library
Unpacking (discussion group) Organizer | Oregon Young Adult Network (OYAN) Outgoing-Chair
eugene-or.gov/library | cmcmahan at eugene-or.gov<mailto:cmcmahan at eugene-or.gov>