[OYAN] Friday, January 12th Shoutout

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Jan 12 16:56:16 PST 2024

Hi all,

Happy Friday! Per usual, there's a lot of good happening around us so shoutout today goes to Estacada and Fern Ridge for partnering with other good folks in their communities.  Estacada's hosting Clackamas Parenting Together<https://www.estacadanews.com/townnews/museums/incredible-infants-group-starts-at-library/article_658aea10-a77d-11ee-b6a1-87818ac388f0.html> for a baby and parents group - such a good option for helping new parents build community and strong littles. And Andy the duck is my favorite farm<https://www.kezi.com/video/how-farm-animals-help-promote-children-s-literacy-at-the-fern-ridge-library/video_54deaf64-e5fa-588c-ad01-32784ec35f34.html> animal kids can read to at Fern Ridge - what a great way to get social-emotional learning in at the same time as building literacy skills. Thanks to all of you for being good hosts and inviting folks into the library to build community and positive relationships.

If it snows where you are this weekend,  I hope you stay cozy, warm, and safe!

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Title: State Library of Oregon]