[Sora] SORA is seeking executive committee members

MOLINA Allen Allen.MOLINA at ODOT.Oregon.gov
Wed Jan 18 17:40:04 PST 2023

Hello SORA,

Last month we posted that we are looking for executive committee (EC) members to help plan SORA 2023 events. Our recruitment for EC members is still active! If you have a desire to help promote SORA values for state employees, please consider becoming an EC member. You can email me (allen.molina at odot.oregon.gov<mailto:allen.molina at odot.oregon.gov>) if you have any questions or are interesting in being a part of the committee. Our recruitment letter is attached as well as shown below. Thank you for your consideration and for being a part of SORA!

SORA is seeking executive committee members
If you're interested in becoming a member in 2023, contact Allen Molina at allen.molina at odot.oregon.gov

The SORA Executive Committee (EC) is comprised of individuals with a desire to be an integral part of the planning and decision-making involved in membership functions. All members are full-time state employees, so responsibilities of each member are flexible throughout the year to accommodate other priorities. Time commitment from EC members is varied and self-regulated. All members play a vital role in achieving SORA objectives and successful outcomes.

Advantages of becoming an EC member

1.    Post your professional profile and photograph on the SORA website.

2.    Professional development and resume building opportunities.

3.    Provide direct input into planned events and topic choices.

4.    Develop skills in teamwork, leadership, and organization.

5.    Network, share research knowledge and experience, and have fun while learning!

Responsibilities of all EC members

1.    Attend monthly EC meetings, currently one-hour and held via MS Teams.

2.    Support SORA work by assisting with occasional ad hoc projects and attending quarterly events.

3.    Help plan at least one of the quarterly events, which typically includes selecting speakers, arranging the venue, preparing an agenda and promotional material, and keeping all EC members informed of progress, risks, and issues.

4.    Respond to emails and action items timely.

5.    Promote SORA and encourage membership participation.

Opportunities to be a general member or hold a specific leadership position

*        Chair
Leads the EC, facilitates EC meetings, and oversee operations.

*        Vice-chair
Assists chair and provides back-up support for other EC roles as needed.

*        Secretary
Records committee actions and decisions, schedules meetings, and tracks event attendance.

*        Communications coordinator
Designs and produces all written communications with SORA members and the public.

*        Volunteer coordinator
Solicits interest and maintains a list of volunteers for activities and projects.

*        Workforce development coordinator
Coordinates special programs and other activities related to workforce development.

*        Web coordinator
Builds and maintains SORA's website, including new posts and event updates.
For more information about SORA, please see www.oregonresearch.org<http://www.oregonresearch.org>

[cid:image001.png at 01D53B14.58BB6B00]
Allen C. Molina, PhD (He/Him/His)
2022 SORA Chair