[gis_info] Cluster Points into Polygons in ArcGIS Pro

Eric Pimpler eric at geospatialtraining.com
Tue Sep 5 09:06:35 PDT 2023

This tutorial explains how point data can be aggregated into polygon
features. Based on spatial proximity, points can be grouped into a single
polygon. The latest version of ArcGIS Pro (3.1) offers the Aggregate Points
tool, that does exactly this. It is found in the Generalization Toolbox
within the Cartography Toolbox. Next, we’ll use the resulting polygons as
input for the Aggregate Polygons tool, which is found within the same
toolbox as the first tool.

Although the resulting data has no significant meaning by itself, these two
tools show how you can aggregate point features into different spatial
features (polygons) that can be used for further analysis. In this case,
we’ll group points that resemble parks and protected lands. By aggregating
these across the United States, we get a spatial distribution of such areas
that can be used for spatial planning or wildlife preservation.

Read the entire article.
<https://geospatialtraining.com/cluster-points-into-polygons-with-arcgis-pro/>

--
Eric Pimpler