[Libs-Or] ARSL Tacoma Sep.3-6 2014

Elizabeth M. Rivera erivera at cclsd.org
Mon Jun 23 09:50:28 PDT 2014

There are only six weeks left to register at the Early Bird rate for the
Association  for Rural & Small Libraries' annual conference to be held
in Tacoma, WA.  Registration sold out last year for this event and the
conference hotel is already completely booked, so now is the time to be
making your decisions!

Counting down the first five reasons you should come to Tacoma on September

4th through the 6th!

*/_This is what you tell your boss:_/*

#10 - Keynote Speaker Daniel Rasmus: Libraries Reimagined!  Daniel
Rasmus is the futurist whose session our colleague raved about when she
returned from the Computers in Library conference.

#9 - Pre-conference: Library Tours
I could learn about space planning from three very different libraries
in the morning:

·A modular library built quickly  & green which uses the bookstore
method to shelve materials.

·Or I could see how King County Library, one of the best in the country,
builds in flexibility

·Check out an exquisitely restored and repurposed Carnegie library

Then in the afternoon I could go to Rooms that Rock: practical tips for
library space planning.

#8 - More Pre-conference:   Which do you think I should attend-how to
design a literature festival for our community or crafting a successful
adult education program?

#7 - Which would benefit our community more?   Should I attend the Gizmo
Garage pre-conference at which I could  simultaneously increase my skill
level with gadgets and learn about the program or do I need to take the
preconference about delivering youth services now that Thelma is retiring?

#6 - Keynote Speaker Samantha Becker: You don't have to do it all!
Samantha is going to cover that new benchmarking system  for technology,
The Edge Initiative.  It will give us information to use with stakeholders.

*/_This is what you tell your family:_/*

#10 - Would you like to go hiking Mt Rainier, the snowy volcano which
dominates the eastern skyline?

#9 -  Or should we take a ferryboat ride on scenic Puget Sound?

#8 -  Which would you prefer? Getting up close and personal with polar
bears at the Point Defiance Zoo or enjoying the zip line at Northwest
Trek Animal Park?

#7 - How about a gondola ride up Crystal Mountain with spectacular views
of Mt. Rainier?

#6 - Decide between LeMay: America's Car Museum which has a special
Mustang review downtown or go ten miles away to the LeMay complete
collection which covers acres?

NOT CONVINCED YET?  STAY TUNED FOR THE LAST FIVE REASONS TO ATTEND!  Or
check out the website at
http://arsl.info/category/conferences/conference-2014/
<http://arsl.info/category/conferences/conference-2014/>

  Have you already made up your mind and are ready to register?
https://www.amrms.com/ssl/arsl/membership/Conference/Registration.aspx
<https://www.amrms.com/ssl/arsl/membership/Conference/Registration.aspx>

See you in Tacoma!

--