[R2R-OR] Final Repor: another Q and A

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Mon Nov 14 14:49:01 PST 2011

Hi! I was asked another great question about how to fill out the report and I thought many of you may have the same questions. Please remember, the 2010-2011 Ready to Read Grant final reports are due December 1, 2011.

Question:
I'm working on the milestones section. What exactly are you looking for here? For example I put down: Visited all classes at the local elementary school to promote summer reading program between April and June 2011. Summer Reading kickoff was held June 26th. Is this what you are looking for?

Answer:
Milestones are the high-level tasks linked to dates when they should be completed.  Your list of milestones should keep your project on track during the grant cycle.  Visiting classes and the kick-off event are definitely included in that.  Here is an example of what the milestone section should look like on the final report:

*         Contract with performers by January 1, 2011-DONE

*         Finalize partnerships by February 28, 2011-DONE

*         Order SRP supplies and incentives by March 1, 2011-DONE by April 1st

*         Print and distribute promotional materials by May 1, 2011-DONE

*         Complete all class visits by May 13, 2011-DONE by May 6th

*         Decorate the library and prep staff by May 27, 2011-DONE

*         Launch SRP on June 3, 2011-DONE

Please let me know if you have any more questions. Final report forms are available online at: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/aboutready.shtml#Forms.

Thanks,
Katie